Coco Chanel once said “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.”
Maybe Coco was right, and that’s what we have been doing wrong all these years! Taking her advice, a while ago, I went out on a search for the perfect signature perfume. Why? Because perfume is personal. It says something about you, and because our sense of smell is so closely linked to our memories, often time it is linked to the trinket memories people will have of us.
So how does one go about finding a signature scent?
- Know what scent you are most attracted to. Do you like the. Fresh open air, the smell of the ocean, or the warm smell of the kitchen? This can point you toward a category or base scent. For me, it was vanilla. To me the smell is heavenly, and every perfume I have ever worn had vanilla in it. I knew I still wanted to stick to that.
- Do your research. Try an Internet search for perfumes under the category or scent you are drawn to. To go Sephora or a department store and smell different ones.
- After you have picked a handful you like, get samples. Often times you can guy them for a very minimal price, or even free at some stores.
- Wear your samples. Preferable applied fresh, and smell it occasional over the course of the day. Scents will all react different with a person’s skin chemistry, which can alter a scent dramatically. After trying a few samples, one of them will seem perfect for you!
So what was the scent I settled upon? Dolce & Gabanna The One. It has warm vanilla undertones and feels indulgent to wear. It’s the perfect scent for me!
Okay, who doesn’t want that legs-for-miles, look? Especially when summer comes around, and we care less about keeping ourselves covered and warm! Here are some fashion tips to help give the illusion of legs that just wont quit!
- Nude pumps – Choose a pump that is close to your skin tone, and it will just become an extension of your leg.
- Something High Waisted – Those low riders can easily make it look like your waist starts inches lower than it actually does! Choose something high waisted and pair it with a crop top or a tucked in shirt to gain you the illusion of some added inches.
- A Pointed Tow – Flats or Heels, a pointed toe makes your legs appear longer any day.
- Shorts and Mini Skirts – Especially in a darker color, and especially with a heel, can make you look like you have legs that could conquer the world. BUT….have the confidence to carry them off. If a short hemline isn’t your thing, the fact you are uncomfortable in it will hide the fact your legs look epic.
- Avoid too many straps or ties on your shoes – Yep, its trendy to have straps and ties that go up your leg. By all means, wear to your hearts content! On the days you want your legs to look longer, opt for a more simple shoe that will let the line of your leg continue down.
- Try a Wide Leg and Heels — The lack of structure around your legs, paired with a leg that also flows over the top of your shoes makes it anyone’s guess where your foot stops and your show starts.